Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Quick Announcements Board
by Kamaji Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:10 am

» Returning to the forum!!!
by Nova Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:59 pm

» Kama's Poem Collection
by Kamaji Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:28 am

» And if Today Exists, so will Tomorrow
by Kamaji Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:14 am

» Pack Poem - Contest
by Kamaji Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:52 am

Nova's RP Training

4 posters

Go down

Nova's RP Training Empty Nova's RP Training

Post  Tascalusa Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:53 pm

Okay Nova, this topic was specifically made to help you practice and learn the basics of RP. When you make a new plot, you'll want to go to our RP forum to select a realm for your character to be at. When you have chosen, you'll click: Nova's RP Training Topic to make a new topic. The title of the topic is your choice, but keep it something that doesn't go against our rules. You can look here for help; just scroll to the bottom where you'll see our Plot Creation tutorial.

For now, since this is practice and not the real deal, some of those rules will be bypassed until you have completed this.

This is your goal by the end of the course:

Tascalusa wrote:A full smile glued to her lips, and before Tascal knew it, Aelurodon bounced off his frame with wobbly limbs. As she regained her balance, Kamaji was already upon his limbs and ready for his tour. She chuckled softly, then with a swish of her tail, Tascalusa strolled past the gray wolf and took the lead. Her cranial mass tilted upwards slightly, inhaling for any of her giant reptilian foes, but smelled none but herbivores. Good. Tascalusa was too exhausted to run or find shelter in the jungle, but it seemed that the clearing was free for the moment. "This place is called Terra Ante Tempus; land before time. This was the world as it was way before your realm or time period existed. The start of evolution; the original descendants of every living creature." Her voice rang with a swell of pride while overlooking the open plains and it's inhabitants, but remained wary for trouble at the same time. "Sadly, some of them didn't survive, but some did,"

For now, let's RP here as if this was an actual RP topic. I want you to make a sentence similar to the one above, but in Nova's point of view. Here is an example of what to do:

Nova sits and rolls in the grass.

__

Don't use my example, but click Nova's RP Training Reply at the bottom of this topic and do somewhat what I did above.
Tascalusa
Tascalusa
Admin

Character's Gender : Female

Back to top Go down

Nova's RP Training Empty Re: Nova's RP Training

Post  Nova Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:07 pm

I lay down in the green grass and roll around with a smile breaking across my face. my body twists side to side padding down the gras with each movement, the smell of fresh grass fills my nose. i stop rolling and lay on my back bringing my paws up to my chest. i pant and stare up into the bright blue sky. there is a moment of pure calm and i close my eyes at peace. that is shortly out lived by the screech of a hawk above me.

Last edited by Nova on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nova
Nova

Character's Gender : Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Tascalusa Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:14 pm

Tascalusa strolled through the grassland in a quiet pace, body low to the ground as she crept on by, wary for any unfamiliar faces. The land was usually mute, but a hawk circling above made itself known unlike the other creatures. There must have been something new, or different happening - but what? Her salmon colored nose twitched, new aromas filling up her nostrils, then heaved out a inaudible sigh. There was a wolf here; male, too. Just her luck. A short tail swished, and part of her wished to turn around and head for the hills, but her limbs seemed to be glued to the earth.
Tascalusa
Tascalusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:30 pm

i let out a howl trying to scare of the hawk. its friendly but loud howl, my eyes glue to the hawk. i roll over onto my stomach seeing it land not to far from me. i slowly crawl towards the large bird thinking it would make a good meal. my eyes narrow and my demeanour seems focused. i feel the wind on my face seeing its in my favour. my large muscular body tenses as i get feet away from my meal. i close my eyes for a moment and relax. they open trained on the bird, my large frame pounces towards the bird as its wings spread open. my teeth sink into into its neck right as it leaves the ground. i snarl and bite down killing the bird with a snap of its neck. its wings still flap wildly as i drop it on the ground
Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post  Tascalusa Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:37 pm

Make sure you use capitals when you start a sentence.
___

A howl from the distance frightened the femme to the very core, but her frame remained low to the ground. The scent of blood, food, made her mouth water and stomach rumble with hunger. A tinge of pain struck her stomach, and Tascalusa yelped in reaction to the sudden occurrence. It had been days since her last feeding, but it seemed all her attempts to get game were failures so she gave up trying. The scent of meat lingered in her nostrils, driving her insanity out of the roof, and slowly crept forward although she was unconscious of these actions. There the brute was; ivory to the coat, but a feather sticking from his ear, chewing on the hawk that was bellowing minutes before.
Tascalusa
Tascalusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:48 pm

I watch as the hawks movements die. Its wings stop flailing and its claws grasp together firmly. I place a paw on the large birds neck and  clamp down on its neck with my blood stained jaw. I strip its neck form its body and let it go. I lay down next to it as the blood pools on the ground next to me. I hear a piercing yelp from behind and quickly turn to the sound. my body whips around only to spot a young female slowly moving towards me. I tilt my head at the young wolf and sit down. she has a beautiful pelt but seem's weak and tired. I lick my now stained red muzzle clean of blood. "great more company" I mumble under my breath.

"Hey there" I say with a soft and soothing voice. I put on a smile and look directly at the wolf appearing friendly. I see fear in you and quickly try to show you i'm not a threat and i'm of no danger to you. I drop my self down trying to hide my large muscular frame "lupus non mordet lupum" I say with a voice that could calm the fiercest storms "Incase you don't speak latin that means a wolf does not bite another wolf" A soft smile beams across my face. My attention is caught by your small frame seeing your stomach caved in and ribs pressing out. "please" I reach around for the hawk, I grab it in my mouth. I drop the lifeless bird in front of me and nudge it forward with my snout "Take it... please you need it a lot more then i do"

Last edited by Nova on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamaji Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:30 pm

One thing I will recommend to you is that you reread your posts before posting them to make sure they make sense. Theses are the errors of your last post just now(Errors will be bolded):

Nova wrote:i watch as the hawks movements die. it(Capitalization) wings stop flailing and its claws grasp together firmly. i place a paw on the large birds neck and strip its neck form(Spelling error) its body. i drop leave(Capitalization and grammar) it were it is and lay down next to it as the blood pools on the ground next to me. i hear a yelp from behind and quickly turn to the noise. i spot a young female slowly moving towards me. i(Capitalization) tilt my head at the young wolf and sit down. i like(Grammar, lick instead of like) my now stained red muzzle clean of blood. "great more noise"(Capitalization, punctuation) i mumble under my breath. "hey there"(Capitalization and Punctuation) i say with a soft and soothing voice, i put on a smile and look directly at the wolf.

Everything that is in bold is what should be corrected in the next post. The text in parithesis is what needs to be changed about the text in bold. Write a new post with the errors corrected but not the same post as before. So make it up in this case.
Kamaji
Kamaji

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:05 am

I watch as the hawks movements die. Its wings stop flailing and its claws grasp together firmly. I place a paw on the large birds neck and  clamp down on its neck with my blood stained jaw. I strip its neck form its body and let it go. I lay down next to it as the blood pools on the ground next to me. I hear a piercing yelp from behind and quickly turn to the sound. my body whips around only to spot a young female slowly moving towards me. I tilt my head at the young wolf and sit down. she has a beautiful pelt but seem's weak and tired. I lick my now stained red muzzle clean of blood. "great more company" I mumble under my breath.

"Hey there" I say with a soft and soothing voice. I put on a smile and look directly at the wolf appearing friendly. I see fear in you and quickly try to show you i'm not a threat and i'm of no danger to you. I drop my self down trying to hide my large muscular frame "lupus non mordet lupum" I say with a voice that could calm the fiercest storms "Incase you don't speak latin that means a wolf does not bite another wolf" A soft smile beams across my face. My attention is caught by your small frame seeing your stomach caved in and ribs pressing out. "please" I reach around for the hawk, I grab it in my mouth. I drop the lifeless bird in front of me and nudge it forward with my snout "Take it... please you need it a lot more then I do". I shuffle my self back from the kill and place my head in my paws on the ground.
Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post  Tardis Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:41 pm

I walk into the area, noting with a swift glance the hawk circling in the sky above. My amber eyes flicked from tree to sky, to ground and back. Always watchful, always ready. I touch the hilt of my sward, Blue Ice, and then paused. My ears picked up the sound of animals near by. Better shift i thought. In a flash, I was in my other form. The amber eyes remained, but now my body is covered by thick soft fur that helps me blend into the shadows. I take a sniff, twitched my ears. I hear a male and a female ahead. Not sure if they are hostels, or if i had stumbled onto stranger's land, I pa closer, keeping myself down wind, so they won't smell me. My paws are velvet on the earth. Eventually, I see them. They were sharing the hawk between them. I smile, curious and sat down easily to watch.
Tardis
Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post  Tascalusa Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:45 pm

Hey Tardis, I'm afraid Pack Friends cannot RP. Only full members can; if you want to become a full member, shoot me a PM and I'll set you up Smile
Also, this is not a real RP topic; this is for Nova to practice. In order to RP, you need to be a full member, make a biography here, and RP in the correct forums.

On a side note, Nova, excellent work. I will respond to this when I get done cleaning my filthy home.
Tascalusa
Tascalusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:57 pm

The wind in my favour, I catch the scent of another creature. I think its a wolf but cant quite make it out, it smells like a wolf but yet something is off. My large frame stands and my true size and power is now exposed for all to see. "what is that", my muzzle lifts into the air sniffing in the direction of the unknown wolf. My eyes fix in the general direction. I see a figure but can not make it out, I walk towards the figure and she becomes more clear, The figure of a female wolf becomes more obvious, her coat dark as the ground beneath her but beautiful in all. "LUPUS NON MORDET LUPUM" I yell to the wolf calmly, i wait her reply curious if she understands. my attention now wandered from the young female behind me.
Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post  Tascalusa Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Nice job, Nova. You're doing much better; still some errors, but lots of improvement.

Code:
The wind in my favour, I catch the scent of another creature. I think its a wolf but cant quite make it out[b],[/b][b] i[/b]t smells like a wolf but yet something is off. My large frame stands and my true size and power is now exposed for all to see. "[b]what is that",[/b] my muzzle lifts into the air sniffing in the direction of the unknown wolf. My eyes fix in the general direction. I see a figure but can not make it out[b],[/b] I walk towards the figure and she becomes more clear[b],[/b] The figure of a female wolf becomes more obvious[b],[/b] [b]h[/b]er coat dark as the ground beneath her but beautiful in all. "LUPUS NON MORDET LUPUM[b],[/b]" I yell to the wolf calmly[b], i[/b] wait her reply curious if she understands. [b]m[/b]y attention now wandered from the young female behind me.

The bolded spots are your errors.

___

Tascalusa tilted her head in confusion while the brute spoke in another dialect than her own, and soon he replied in her language that slowly relaxed her nerves. Tascalusa slowly lifted from the ground and sat upon her haunches, observing the wolf's movements with a soft gaze. Soon, the game was pushed over from him towards her, but she placed a small paw and moved to back. "At least take half. I don't like charity." She replied, her emerald eyes meeting his while her face remained blank of emotion. "My name is Tascalusa, and you are?" The femme inquired, hues shifting between him and the meal. She was undeniably hungry, starving maybe, but it was against her will to take it.
Tascalusa
Tascalusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:21 pm

I sit up showing my true size and power, "Im Novales Diem... but you can call me Nova" "please take the bird, I do not want it anyways. I had my fill earlier on a hunt, This Isn't charity this is kindness" I drop my head down and grasp the bird in my mouth. I slowly walk towards you with my head down and body low. My hopes is to show you i'm no threat. I walk right up to you unafraid, so close i could hear your fur move with the howl of the wind. I rest the bird on the ground and release it from the grasp of my teeth. I take a step back and lay down. A friendly, warm smile breaks across my face. My gaze lands upon yours.  my eyes filled with compassion.

Last edited by Nova on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post  Tardis Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:02 pm

I know this isn't proper RP press, I'll just see this as a prequel Smile

I huffed slightly as the wind suddenly shifted. Noe they'd detect me. Sure enough, the male, a large brown wolf lifted his head in my direction. He said something in a language I didn't know, but after a moment, the translation came to me. It was something that was built into all of us Atkens. I twitched an ear in reply, "Hello there." i said in my low tones. I didn't move from my spot, less he took that as an attack of him and his female friend. "I'm glad you won't bite me." I said with laughter in my voice. I'm not in the mood to fight.

Then a thought suddenly struck me, getting up slowly so that i would alarm either of them, I vanished into the brush, located a rabbit and swiftly killed it. I don't know the ways of these wolves, but among Atkens, giving a small gift is the clearest sign of the stranger being friendly. And after all, I was the stranger here. "For you and your friend." I said with a dip of the head towards the rabbit. Then I stepped back, and waited, for this was also the way of my people.
Tardis
Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamaji Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:26 am

Tascalusa can take Nova's teaching I think^^ 

Tardis, I will have you post at this topic so that things are kept separate and organized SmileSmile

https://mesozoicvii.rpg-board.net/t87-tardis-rp-training-mentor-kamaji#168
Kamaji
Kamaji

Back to top Go down

Post  Tascalusa Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:42 pm

Fair enough, Kamaji.

Nova, I'm really proud of you. This post is great, but you have some errors in the quotes/speech part of your post. I bolded the area of errors, and corrected them already. You'll want to take a good look at your post.

Nova wrote:I sit up showing my true size and power, "I'm Novales Diem... but you can call me Nova. Please take the bird, I do not want it anyways. I had my fill earlier on a hunt. This isn't charity this is kindness." I drop my head down and grasp the bird in my mouth. I slowly walk towards you with my head down and body low. My hopes is to show you I'm no threat. I walk right up to you unafraid, so close I could hear your fur move with the howl of the wind. I rest the bird on the ground and slide it off my teeth. I take a step back and lay down. A friendly, warm smile breaks across my face. My gaze lands upon your face, and my eyes filled with compassion.

Tascalusa was hesitant to take the bird, but wavering eyes between Nova and the treat he offered, the canid couldn't resist. In a swift and quick movement, Tascalusa grasped onto the bird's wing and plucked off it's feathers before tearing into it's fresh. It wasn't much, but the femme wasn't going to complain to free dinner. Once she had her fill, emerald eyes lingered upon the wolf and nodded. "Nice to meet you,"
Tascalusa
Tascalusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:49 pm

My kind yellow eyes glisten in the sunlight as they stare up into your stunning emerald eyes. I friendly smile breaks my gaze and I look down embarrassed, I quickly collect my thoughts and refocus my approach towards the beautiful young female. I lift my head and refocus my gaze into yours. "So tell me, do you feel any better now that you have eaten" My voice is filled of compassion and respect yet I show no signs of submission or fear. "And I must ask Tascalusa" I pause for a second and wait for you to get comfortable "When you saw me why didn't you run away" "every other wolf is afraid of me, why aren't you" The thicker area's of my pelt sway in the wind as the breeze carries my fur left to right and then back again. My eyes fill with adoration for your acceptance of a worthless stray who strives to lead!!!
Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post  Tascalusa Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:04 pm

This post will be crappy. Typing it on my phone.

Tascalusa dipped her head slightly as a "yes" to Nova's inquiry, then soon rose to her full height and stood eye-to-eye with the wolf. He waited for her to get comfortable, and in a kind manner, the canid prodded the creature gently. "Say what you must," And soon the wolf did, and Tascalusa's emerald eyes shifted between the ground and his own. She was afraid, but not so much anymore. Wary? Yes. She has always been afraid of males. Her jaws parted as she began to speak, but shut them immediately. Why did she trust him? "I'm not sure.. perhaps it's because you gave me food?" She suggested, but it probably wasn't a satisfying answer. "You seem like a gentleman." She added quickly with a small hint of a smile.
Tascalusa
Tascalusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:49 am

Nova spots her subtle discomfort, as well as her quick inquiry. His heart slowly sinks deeper into his chest at the sight. "your still afraid" he speaks ashamed. "I meant you no discomfort, I merely wished to aid you" Novas head bows to the side while his legs slowly retreat. "Ill leave you to your meal" He gives a slight smile before turning his body away. He breaks his heavy steps away from Tascalusa with a light trot toward the forest nearby. He slows to a stop, His eyes gazing into the lush forest. With wind blowing across his pelt he looks back, over his shoulder at the young wolf. He takes a deep breath then looks back into the forest before trailing into it. He doesn't move far into the forest before coming to a stop. Not long after, he comes to rest upon a large log. A few tears begin to roll down his face. The young male lay still felling like a monster. Nova's mind was consumed with the recent memory of the fearful look on the females face.
Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post  Tascalusa Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:10 pm

Tascalusa observed as the male left into the shadows, and her emerald gaze dropped to her paws. "What did I do?" Tascalusa murmured to herself, contemplating on whether to follow the brute or not. The wolf, however, was in the shadows and Tascalusa forbidded going there in fear of coming across threats. She couldn't fight alone, and was certainly out of shape for combat. Her legs wobbled as the knick of hunger stung her insides, and laid upon the grass on her belly. Nova would return, right? He was a nice brute and decent company, too.
Tascalusa
Tascalusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down